Pathfinder swing TS
01/09/2017 at 10:03 PM #20345
Here are the results for SAF (South Africa, mini 10 Zar), quite good but with less than 60 positions. The conversion is about 1 Zar= 0.06€; so the gain is about 60 000€ since 2006, and the drawdown is about 6000€. It is possible to take the Mini 2 Zar to minimize the position.
01/09/2017 at 10:41 PM #2035001/09/2017 at 11:04 PM #20356
I was thinking that the aim was only to improve the strategy for the coming period, not for all the period from 1980 to now. I’m wrong.
I have made CAC, but only january last 2 weeks and february. waiting for the confirmation to add it.01/09/2017 at 11:10 PM #2035701/09/2017 at 11:51 PM #20364
I will try to be more specific and use pfeilers and reiner instruction as basis.
01/10/2017 at 3:27 AM #2037301/10/2017 at 3:59 AM #2037701/10/2017 at 7:42 AM #20383
- at the beginning you open the template. it will not be running, because the system is not complete, but you can still open it.
- if you like you can put in the numbers from reiners excel and start the system. you will get the result that reiner allready created in the excel.
- if you want to optimize (be sure to check out the youtube video on how to otimize prorealtime codes) take the numbers reiner gave in the other post as a start
- ONCE stopLossLong = 6 // in %
ONCE takeProfitLong = 3 // in %
- ONCE maxCandlesLongWithProfit = 10 // take long profit latest after x candles
ONCE maxCandlesLongWithoutProfit = 10 // limit long loss latest after x candles
- then set all seasonal variables to
Dear all. I think when I read Reiners post the idea was not to make an optimization for the whole year, but create a ift-file for every month that your given strategy is in the green profitable indication in the excel spreadsheet. So you need to create and optimize the given instrument for each month, and deside if it’s proffibtable. you see thats where the optimazation task takes a lot of time, not creating the itf file for the whole year. I think thats why Reiner ask for help.
Corret me if I’m wrong?
1 user thanked author for this post.01/10/2017 at 7:56 AM #2038401/10/2017 at 8:14 AM #20385
Good Morning from a snowy Germany,
How’s it going? Kasper you got it right. Take the OMX for instance, the roadmap shows a potential profitable setup from January until first half of May. So the task is to verify which parameters are the best for this period.
1. take the template and set all parameters from the excel (replace ?)
2. set all seasonal values which aren’t in the scope to 0 (OMX: from M2 to J1)
3. optimize all variables as described here https://www.prorealcode.com/topic/pathfinder-trading-system/page/33/#post-19123
4. don’t forget the two rules: 70% profitable trades and not more then 25% drawdown
Thats it. With a little practice you are ready in half a hour.
Do not worry I will let you not alone and of course we can do it together.
Best, Reiner01/10/2017 at 8:17 AM #2038601/10/2017 at 8:51 AM #2038801/10/2017 at 10:05 AM #2039201/10/2017 at 10:19 AM #2039601/10/2017 at 10:22 AM #20399