intraday DAX strategy 5min mini1€ spread 1

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support intraday DAX strategy 5min mini1€ spread 1

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 503 total)

Do not worry, we are here to help us. Yes, for now they are the ones that I like the most 6351414 robots I’m testing hehe.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CN

@Raul

What are the difirence between the two?

@CN attached are the 2 equity curves since 1 Jun 16 … Algo1 inceases position size gradually and Algo2 increases position size ‘in steps’, but there’s more to it than that if you look at the code. Algo1 could do up to 3 Trades per day if conditions are met, Algo2 does up to 1 trade per day. Even then there are more differences … you need to Backtest them on your platform and then look at the Detailed Report to see all the differences … attached is the ‘overview’ of the Detailed Report, but don’t take my word as accurate, DYOR as they say 🙂

I like it lots cos it’s close to how I manual trade … ‘quick in and out’ … it’s all very clever; big thanks to Raul! How he keeps up that ‘drive to madness’ with all his 6351414 robots I’ll never know!! 🙂

GraHal

I like more the upper equity curve (DAX-5-MIN-1-contract5 correct?!). It has a smoother grow and less flat periods, wich are hard to bear for a trader. What do you think?

hi,

i think that ultimately we need to work the strategy in order to produces profits
    identifying the best time of entry and if you get one or more times. Regarding the position sizing depends on the risk that will be supported. It ‘s normal that with larger  lots the probability of having high drowdown increase if the system loses several times. In your opinion what are the best time entry? In order trailing stop I don’t understand after much discussion if IG permit to set trailing with 5 points. Do you confirm? Thanks

@GraHal

Well explained! Also in one each success adds 5 contracts and each failure divides them between 2, and in the other only sum contracts every 1000 euros of benefits, hence the curve is smoother, without steps. These “steps” occur when chains on several consecutive days winning, each day 5 adds 5 contracts up to a maximum of 40. One of them does not work on Fridays because it is the day of the week that most fails. Now I am working on one that does the 3 daily entries and also adds 5 contracts each success and divide between two if it fails, so on the same day, if it hits the 3 times, get great benefits, and if the 3 days fail, when dividing Each time between 2, minimize the losses.

@volpiemanuele

Yes, in ig the trailing stop is 5, confirmed, that’s why there is no problem, I’ve been operating for 2 days in real and no problem.

Now, I am breaking down the program, for each day of the week, at what time it gives the best result. To compile everything together in the same robot, although I run the risk of overoptimizing it for the period of 100,000 bars.

Let’s suppose a starting capital of 2000 euros. Is it correct to modify the following lines of code?

capital=strategyprofit+10000
    n=capital/1000

with

capital=strategyprofit+2000
    n=capital/200

@mamio Yes, but you need a correspondingly lower value for n = 2 so you buy 2 Contracts (not 10 Contracts). So use n=capital/1000.

No, 10000/100= 10 contracts, 2000/200=10 contracts.

If you win 1000 euros with your code: 3000/200= 15 contracts.

If you win 1000 euros with my code: 11000/1000= 11 contracts.

Run more risk with your code than mine.

capital=strategyprofit+2000

n=capital/1000

2000/1000= 2 contracts

2000+1000/1000= 3 contracts

@Raul

Thanks,

I trade in real also without problem. What version of strategy did you use ? The last that you have posted ? Thanks

I understand the concept of the code. But when I look at the orders list with TSL5. First it did open 3 contracts at sept 22th 2015. 2 days later it opens 33 contracts. I can’t verify it from the code. Could someone explain why its going from 3 to 33 contracts?

Well, these are definitely the two versions.

I’ve tried every 5 Minutes from 09:00 to 09:30 from Monday to Friday to see which days and which Hours works best.

Depending on the time and day, will enter more or less contracts. Fridays does not work since no time is suitable for it.

Has a multiplier “nn” that every 1000 euros increases a contract.

2 users thanked author for this post.

dax v2

1 user thanked author for this post.

@alco

I do not know which version you have of all, but there is one that adds 5 contracts and at the same time has a n = 3 that multiplies by 3 the number of contracts. Maybe that’s why.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 503 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login