intraday DAX strategy 5min mini1€ spread 1

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support intraday DAX strategy 5min mini1€ spread 1

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)

@ all , @raul Vg
    Good afternoon guys,

Something new?

I discussed the problem last Thursday with the PRT development team. Having the exact same behavior as the IG server trailing stop is quite difficult. I know they are working hard to make it more realistic, thanks to the feedback from members.

4 users thanked author for this post.

thanks

@ all

I think the tick-to-tick problem is already solved. Today I have put in the demo account the rogot and it coincides with the movement that simulates

I’ve been checking for several days. Still fails with both trailing and normal stop and take.

Here are Live vs Backtest results for a 1s timeframe. Overall it throws up more questions than answers. As this is being run on a 1s TF the manually coded trailing stop should update quickly and keep up with the market movement (I hope). However there are a few problems:

1)Only one trade is taken in Live on the 8th, after that, no further trades are executed in Live for the next week which is really strange.

2) The trades for the 8th don’t match up – but that could be because for some reason the backtest takes multiple positions (opening and closing) starting from 08.05 whereas Live only takes 1 position.

3) The last trade on the 8th – exit @ 080602- matches up perfectly. But that could be a coincidence.

There is still some problem with the tick by tick backtest engine it seems unless someone can spot what the problem is.

FYI, some modifications have been made to the backtest engine and are already available in the current platform version. The fix about the accuracy of backtests and the IG trailing stop should come in March.

1 user thanked author for this post.

@nicolas

In the current version 10.3 demo account ? thanks

@manuele

It’s now live, so it should have been pushed in demo and real account.

does anybody trades this strategie in dax in live ?

what is your minimum stop distance ? does it works well ?

In france we have 18 point distance stop in live and 5 point distance stop in demo ….

in demo everything is working very well but i dont know if it will works in live ….

i would know if your distance is more than 5 point if the strategy works well in live  .

maybe we have to code our own code to replicate classic Trailling stop

https://www.prorealcode.com/blog/trading/complete-trailing-stop-code-function/

@ Paris. Hi – I have been running the 1s strategy live for a while now. The last few days it has worked well and performed as it should with the trailing stop updating 1 point at a time as in the code. However, it does still have some issues that I’ve still not got to the bottom of. It will need a couple of weeks more data before I can pass judgement as to how effective it is. I will post updates once I have a more fuller set of results.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ok manel thanks  i will see your 1 s strategie …

I was referring to the 1s strategy only by the way. I have been running the others in live as well but the results are mixed so far, pretty flat overall. I am still evaluating them to see which are worth pursuing and/or amending.

here in france we have a new law that has  just coming out and it change a lot , so i think it is better to continue the discussion in french forum cause it is very specific to our country .

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login