intraday DAX strategy 5min mini1€ spread 1

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support intraday DAX strategy 5min mini1€ spread 1

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 503 total)

Could someone post exact time of different real trades taken by the ProOrder strategy? I mean the difference between backtests and live trading lies here…mainly.

Hi Nicolas, this has been today, backtest to the left and demo to the right.

I understand that in the backtest it puts the operations just to the point, without using the close + 2 and the close-1, that is to say, that I will try putting:

@ nicolas tu veux quoi exactement ?

@ nicolas can you explain  what you mean ?

edit :  ok you ve got it .

@ raul .

in all yours  system i see thoset trades most importantly the long position , it modulates only the long .

what about  a system that modulates the sort positions .  a kind of mirror of that system .

Could you code it ? Maybe we could run both to duplicates gains . what do you think ?

@paris 75000

I’m sorry, but I do not understand what you want to tell me, you could give me an example.

@ raul

in your 3 systems , when you buy , it is 1 , 2, 3 , 4 ,  5 , 6 …..contracts   and when you sell  it is always 1 contract .

can you code an opposite ” twin ”  …

i mean

when you sell , it is 1 , 2, 3 , 4 ,  5 , 6 …..contracts   and when you buy   it is always 1 contract .

regards

When he sells he also adds contracts like when he buys. Unless there has been an error of some kind, it is configured as such. In the code that I have shared with Nicolas veras that puts the same contracts in purchase and sale (n * nn)

@ raul

ok , sorry for the question .

Hi Nicolas – Attached is an example of the difference between backtest and live (excuse the crude drawing of the boxes :-)). On the left is LIVE 10.2 Spreadbet and on the right is DEMO 10.3 Backtest (with 1pt spread). The strategy is Dax-5-min-v2 listed earlier in the topic. The main issues are :

1. Demo has 1 extra trade on the 8am bar but Live does not – This is also the case with other strategies with the first trade being missed so it is a common problem.
    2. Boxed in blue are matching trades between Live and Demo, so some definitely match – Note, I have allowed for upto 3 points of market slippage in Live
    3. Boxed in Red are where levels of entry do not match and in some cases by a lot
    4. The trade on 08.05 on 31/01 is a perfect example where the entry trades are almost perfectly matched but the exit trade ends up being 5 points different.
    5. There is a also a discrepancy on the no. of contracts traded but that could be due to the code which accumulates and adds contracts since the first trade was missed in Live but I have yet to check and verify this. It’s probably a secondary issue to the execution prices problem at the moment though.

There are other strategies which I can list which exhibit similar behaviour if you need, just let me know. Hope this helps.

Many thanks.

@manel

Thanks for the well explained example, it’s valuable to find how and why dissimilarities exist. I keep this post as a clue for further investigation.

If I’m correct, the strategy still use pending stop orders to enter the market? If the answer is yes, I’d like to have the IG tickets list with each pending order number with their exact time, please.

In the picture you post, I see that the orders are mainly put at their correct prices (spread and slippage should explained a lot the differences between backtest and demo for this), the main problem is with trailing not operating the same way in live trading, are you ok with this conclusion? (we’ll find later why the first trade is not taken).

hi everybody,
    my FB on yesterdays execution is very strange on this strategy … I tradet onliveaccount on 10,2 version with a loss ….the demoaccount on 10,2 generatet a profit.
    meanwhile I am not wondering that this is happening , ….also on very similar strategys (for example simple crosses on EMA) the results are often different between live and demo ….

CN

Day 2 of big losses…..

It’s so stupid right now, it gets long when the dax already went 100p, stops it out, then it goes down 50pts at that time it thinks that its a great idea too short…
    Maybe a RSI indicator to help the scalp decide if its a good trade or not?

hi guys ….

ok another day of losses , not big but losses ……

now i ve a great news for do you ,  want to know what it is ?

CN

Tomorrow is a new day?

no cn , i am not kidding , ( killing ? ) ….

look what is attached ….

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 503 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login