5 Min EUR/USD Strategy

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 5 Min EUR/USD Strategy

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 251 total)

@ Grahal,

Indeed, v2.4.2 is the only strategy I developed on TF18s. Apparently, the TF18s and especially the TF28s are promising since we have several strategies that prove profitable over almost a month soon.

When to drawdowns, I have no information about this in ProOrder statistics, but from memory, I just know that these 2 strategies did not know like the drawdown v2 important and they never had a negative gain .

Thank you again for your interest in my work.

Cordially.
    Gertrade

Gertrade the drawdown figure is on the Tab – Statistics of Closed Trades – see red arrows on attached

Thanks
    GraHal

the drawdown figure is on the Tab – Statistics of Closed Trades

Unfortunately the value of drawdowns is 0 (below the stats)

Gertrade

1 user thanked author for this post.

below the equity curves of the last week (no more history)

Gertrade

1 user thanked author for this post.

@Gertrade,

If you change the timeframe in this window (for 1 mn for ex), you can see (and show us) the equity curve since the begining of the strategy, even if the strategy is in a different TF.

2 users thanked author for this post.

If you change the timeframe in this window (for 1 mn for ex), you can see (and show us) the equity curve since the begining of the strategy

Great! Awesome! Bravo! it’s a real pleasure this trick to see the equity curve from the beginning.

below the equity curve graphs.

Hi guys – Just an update from my end on testing of the original 5m versions in Live. I did test a few of the 28s versions initially but they were not very successful at all and the backtests and live were completely different so I gave up on that TF as I feel it’s a bit of a lottery and as a general rule I’m always a bit wary of running anything where there is such limited historic data. But I see that they have been successful for some of you so well done !

Anyway, with regards to the 5m versions I tested EUR/USD 1.1, 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 and GBP/USD 1.1. Following are key highlights :

• Live vs Backtest match perfectly and results have shown a net gain over last 3 weeks.
    • As an observation, the strategies only have a high success rate in bullish price patterns – they tend to be much less successful in sideways or bearish price trends. This may create an opportunity to filter some of these losing trades out via a stochastic momentum, RSI indicator etc etc – For next stage of development.
    • I changed the trailing stop to a fixed one as we are aware that the inbuilt PRT trailing code is not always accurate.
    • I amended the stop losses to a much lower level than the original 90 odd pips as some of them I felt were too wide and caused too big a draw. I used 25-35 in most cases and that provides a more acceptable risk reward given the high 70%+ win rate. Each person can adjust to suit their risk profile.
    • Short trades had a higher win rate than long trades historically in backtesting so I doubled the position size for shorts. Given that there are far fewer short trades than long this has not affected the results in a meaningful negative manner if there are losses on these types of trades.
    • I have assumed an increased spread in my backtest of 0.8 whilst testing to allow for the occasional widening of market spreads.
    • Attached are the backtest results of the original EUR/USD v1.1 vs 1.11 (amended) over 200k units with the slight adjustments mentioned above to provide an example of the tweaks made in each version.

Overall, I think this shows some good promise but there is more work that can be done to improve it, especially the risk reward and the average gain/trade. Thanks again to all those above who have been working on it. I will provide more updates in the future if anything interesting comes up.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Thank you very much Manel, to improve this code in 5mn, which seems reliable. I will try to work on it too. The backtest works on my platform, But when I try live trading in demo, it is impossible and PRT tells me: “combined stops can not be used with Proorder”. But I see nothing like this in the code. Is someone know where is the problem? Thanks.

Hi,

Here are some ProOrder results for several versions of the algo.

These versions run for 2 or 3 weeks now.

Unfortunately, all the 28-second versions have big losses. The best 30-second version that I kept (v5.12) is a little bit negative too.

But the 5-minute @Gertrade version (v 7.0 for EUR-USD) seems to have great performance on these 2 weeks. On the right of the picture are the details about it.

It seems that the 5-minute TF isn’t bad… this week I will try the @Gertrade v1.1, and the @manel v1.11 version, and will let you know after some days…
    Note that I stopped the DAX30 v7.01 that had more than €1100 losses in 1 week.

Have a good week
    Cyril

3 users thanked author for this post.

@manel : I have the same problem than Aloysius with your v1.11 version : “combined stops can not be used with Proorder”. Is somebody able to explain that ? Thanks

Hi – Let me check again and see if it happens with me. It’s strange.

Well, this is strange, I’ve tried starting the code again in my platform and I do indeed get the same error message. Don’t see how this can be as the code I am running live is the same (bar my position size is different) and is working fine. And this code as you can see only has one coded stop function so I don’t understand why ProOrder seems to think that there is another conflicting stop in there. I’m perplexed as to why this is happening, hopefully someone with a bit more experience can help debug. I’ve attached the code below.

Solved it ! I deleted the stop after //”pTRAILING 30″ in line 51 above and its now fine ! Makes absolutely no sense as PRT is supposed to ignore anything that comes after //….. Maybe it’s a bug, will need to get them to look into it. In the meantime, I’ve reattached the file without this so it should be fine to run now.

Be aware, like I mentioned above, this needs a bit more work as I would ideally like the risk/reward to be much higher. Am working on some adjustments and one in particular looks promising and will post here after live testing if it’s looking good.

It is not possible to have at the same time SET STOP LOSS and a TRAILING instruction in a strategy running live through ProOrder.

It is not possible to have at the same time SET STOP LOSS and a TRAILING instruction in a strategy running live through ProOrder.

But surely if the pTRAILING stop is remarked out using // then it is not technically in the strategy?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 251 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login