5 Min EUR/USD Strategy

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 5 Min EUR/USD Strategy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 251 total)

Hi All,

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put in to my wee strategy, its been really intresting reading it all.

So just to clarify, does it look like .V3 is a viable strategy?

Is there any variables that need to be changed on it, or is v3 good to go?

cheers

Justin.

Mmm after a day or two trading / plenty of trades on Demo we will be a bit closer to some decision? 🙂

I was forced to turn the stop follower into stop loss following successive errors of refusal related to a problem of increment of the stop follower.
    I put into service last night a new version for the V2 and a new version for the V3.
    it seems that the V2 is doing best this morning.
    I will publish results tonight with this new version.

1 user thanked author for this post.

we should define how to handle it with the spread. I think after 23:00:00 the spread is much bigger than 0.6 – so maybe we should leave the system run between 07:00:00 an 23:00:00 – what do you guys think?

in view of the good results of the V2 on the demo account, I integrated into a new version a trading time slot: 01: 00-23: 00.
    I also doubled the entry points and the exit points to refine the results.

Thanks Gertrade but what does … doubled the entry points and the exit points … mean exactly please?

Did you increase sensitivity to get more trades per day on average or what?  If Yes, what variables are the main sensitivity controls?

Thank You
    GraHal

doubling the entry and exit points with different parameters allows:
    – improve the accuracy of trades
    – increase the number of transactions
    – to maximize the gain of the Strat

Below is a graph that connects V2.1 to V2.2 on today’s day.

Below is the comparison of closed position lists between V2.1 and V2.2.

which spread did you use in the backtest? you´ve got some trades in the night, so the spread ist about 2-3 pips…

@raphaelopilski with EURUSD it is not a fixed spread … even in the daytime. The spread can flash / widen to 2 to 3 points even in the daytime. During the night (eg 02:00 hrs) the spread can be 0.6.

So a compromise would be a spread of 1 or more realistic spread of 1.5 or even 2 to be sure?

Feel free to disagree
    GraHal

PS @ Gertrade what timezone (UTC + ??) are the times you have set in the code please?

Hi guys

Congrats for the good work

Could bè Better  the stop loss 30 instead of 50 in versione 2.2?

Thanks

@Gertrade are your results on Demo Trade, Live A/c Trade, Demo backtest or Live A/c backtest?

Attached is what I get backtesting on my Live account over same period as yours.

Entry / Exit times are broadly same (but not exactly same) but that last trade is in still going and has (up to now) lost all the days gains.

Anybody else doing a double check on todays performance??  What do you get??

GraHal

@ Grahal,

above the comparison between V2.1 and V2.2 on today’s backtest.

below the V2.2 on demo account: Graph + List of closed positions.

The results tonight are not very good, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

This leads me to think that there is a lack of position during this decline. I think about it for a future version.

Hi All,

i tested my old V1 and the v3 that was the latest one up till last night. Tested them both  live all day results attached. My V1 at the moment doing the best out of the two so far.

The 5 Min V1 is over 1.5 day longer period than V3.

I guess to be fair both versions should be tested / compared over the same period / number of hours (not same number of bars)? To take account of exceptional ups downs etc??

Cheers
    GraHal

PS all very interesting this, good collaboration and good manners between us all!? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 251 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login