5 Min EUR/USD Strategy

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 5 Min EUR/USD Strategy

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 251 total)

Hi fabioerliam  try increasing the intitial equity to 1,000 + as it is set rather low on a lot of the Algos at 300.

Let us know how you get on?

Cheers
    GraHal

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hi fabioerliam,

I can answer you for the versions on TF 28s and TF 18s. Of all these versions that I edited, only the V2 on TF 28s is still profitable. This is confirmed on ProOrder: since 05/02 to today, it has produced $ 1,650 gain.
    For your Backtest on the 28s and 18s versions, set the capital at $ 500, the number of units at 20,000 is 6 days of history (there is no more than this history for the strategies below one minute) and launch your Backtest. The V2 should emerge as the winner of this comparison.

Work well and keep me informed.

All right guys! Understood!

Tomorrow I will have time to make the tests…not tonight because of s.valentine day…hihihi

Anyway…the only one that in the backtest gave me good results with the original initial equity was the version 1.2.3

I have change the sl to 78…better results with less drawdown in 100000k … I will try to increase the initial equity on the others versions…I ‘ll let u know:)

Have all a good day!!

P.s. do you think that we can try to use this nice strategy also with other forex or index like dax or wall street?

@ fabioerliam,

I think it is possible to use these strategies on other Forex or indices such as DAX or other,

but it will be necessary to optimize certain variables for it to be profitable,

then it will be necessary to validate each strategy with the module Walk Forward.

And after that, it will be necessary to test on ProOrder Demo Account to validate the profitable strategy (s).

Good luck to you !

Yes…of course…changing variables! I’ll try and if I’ll discover something interesting I will post it here:)

Good life to everyone:)

@ all,

I’m giving you tonight my very latest version of the V4.10 TF 28s coming out of the bath or shower,

since the afternoon of today was enlivened at 14:30 and after 16h on the EURUSD.

This test was pretty well supported by this version, which was not the case for the V2 and others.

On her Backtest, we see that it performs pretty well, especially on 13/02 and 14/02.

Below the Backtest and V4.10

Thank you for your ongoing efforts @Gertrade.

Over 100,000 bars at 0.6 spread and @ £1 per point I get less than £1 average gain over 185 trades.

We know that EURUSD flash widens to 1.5 or even 2 many many times per minute at all times of daylight hours and overnight. Have you added bid-ask colour band to your charts so you can see the frequency of the flash spread widen?

Do you not think that a spread of at least 1, preferably 1.2 or 1.5 is required for a margin of safety?

Thank you Grahal!

Beautiful result! This V4.10 seems to be very profitable.

I did not know the bid-ask color band, I tried but I do not know how to put it in place. This interests me!

For the Spread at 1.5, I’ll think about it for the next Backtests. It will be better with this margin of safety.

Is attached screen familiar to you?? it’s the one where you add Indicators to a Chart. Well enter bid in the search bar as attached and you will see the bid-ask colour band … then just click add to see it on your Charts.  I couldn’t live / trade without it! 🙂

@ Grahal,

I do not have the bid-ask color band indicator in the library. Can you send it to me as an attachment in a future post?

Thank you for your support !

I can’t add as an attachment, it is a standard Indicator on the PRT Platform.

Add on here a screen shot of what Indicators you have in your list at same point as attached. What do you have between Awesome Oscillator and Bollinger??

@ Grahal,

I found the method on the forum Andlil, it is the indicator “zone Achat / Vente”

It’s good, it works and it’s very informative!

Thanks !

HAHAH  yes we both forgot about the English / French translation!!!!

I’m glad you have it now!

Check it out during the day, for example when the USA market opens and you will be surprised at the flash widening of spread!

you will be surprised at the flash widening of spread!

Or as I like to call it ‘backtest destroying flash widening of spread’.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 251 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login