3 Candle Strategy

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 3 Candle Strategy

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

This is how they are indexed in a strategy:

Screenshot_3-1

1 user thanked author for this post.

Good Day to you,

I think that code is now correct. can someone prrof this according to the systemrules? I think there could be an issue with SL and TP.

Thank you Marc

It works, but I cannot tell if it’s working fine, I dod not check the patterns.

I checked SL & TP and sometimes they’re huge, sometimes very close to the minimun requirements!

The main isssue is the very few trades opened, on DAX daily just 3 in 8 years!

It’s for sure good practice to improve your know-how.

I think that the patterns are still not correct recognized…I have to filter this out -.-
    It’s a lot of workd for such a simple system…

Rgsd

Marc

Recognition of patterns seems to be okay, but setting up of TP and SL is curious…

Try using ATR, searching this forum will allow you to find many examples about it.

I will do and check out if there are some possibilities how tp play with ATR

Another example with ATR-based SL and TP calculation

With more variables

@Marc thank you for sharing, please could you also share the .itf file of the multi-variable System as then it saves me entering all the Labels (and probably getting it wrong!? 🙂 ).

Many Thanks
    Graham

Hi GraHal,

pls find attached 3 Candle Strategy itf attached.

Marc big thank you!

I’ve set it going on Demo Fwd Test as I get attached on 5 min TF on DJI on 100,000 bars!

Bigger drawdown than I like, but if it’s out of money already gained by the System then I can live with that! 🙂 🙂

Draw down has to be accepted as relative to run up or overall profit. As a rule of thumb I like to see at a glance that draw down multiplied by ten is less than run up and overall profit. So for example if draw down is £2000 then I want to see at least £20000 run up or £20000 overall profit. It is not a ‘set in stone’ rule but is an easy way to assess how bad draw down really is by comparison.

Well by your rule of thumb Vonasi it more or less passes! 🙂

I think that the 5 minute backtest looks okay…which settings did you use?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login