3 Candle Strategy

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 3 Candle Strategy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)

As you already spotted what is not correct, make it easier for us 🙂 … which of the conditions for a Buy have not been met correctly?

As you can see in my attachment the low of third candle is deeper than candle before…Ths condition wasn’t met for a sell order..

Please ignore above post and find another pic which shows two example orders…both lost…and I do not really know why

I’m sorry, but I’m a little slow on the uptake. To me that little bit of the Chart you show looks like a Buy Order with the trigger being the high of the 3rd candle??

the low of third candle is deeper than candle before…Ths condition wasn’t met for a sell order..

So for a sell order you don’t want the low of the third candle lower than the candle before … is that what you are saying? I’m confused by … Ths condition wasn’t met for a sell order.

Somebody else will probably pop in who can see exactly what you are saying? 🙂

Idea – it be good if you copied the bit of the code you are referring to?

Hi GraHal,

here’s the code and a screenshot.

If anybody else can see / understand what is wrong / not happening here then feel free to step in and help Marc.

The last image appears to meet your condition l2.

Are you aware that the candles are indexed like this?

Screenshot_7

2 users thanked author for this post.

Hi Vonasi,

I thought that the code works the following way:
    candle 1, candle 2 and candle 3 meet the conditions. If they are in line with the strategy candle 0 shall be executing market order candle. TP and SL shall be linked with highs or lows of candle 1-3.
    Du you understand what I mean?

Regards Marc

Candle zero is the last closed candle. It is at the close of this candle that all decisions are made based on your code. The trade is opened at the open of the next candle.

It is as I showed in the image that I posted. Your strategy ignores the most recently closed candle and bases all its decisions on the three candles before. Subtract 1 from all your candle index numbers and maybe the strategy will trade how you think it should.

1 user thanked author for this post.

The last image appears to meet your condition l2.

l1

You must save your SL and TP and set them only once, otherwise they might change at any future bar, as Vonasi explained:

1 user thanked author for this post.

It still looks mad -.-

Perhaps the strategy is not really that good

l1

My mistake – I got my open[3] < or > close[3] condition mixed up as I always write it the other way round – close before open!

It still looks mad -.-

Perhaps the strategy is not really that good

Or maybe it is better on a different market and a different time frame? But usually if it feels like a failure straight out of the box it usually is!

@Marc looks like maybe you should work on it on 4H TF on DJI?

Attached are results for Roberto version code

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login