3 Candle Strategy

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 3 Candle Strategy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

Hi together,

here is another system which works like bullish / bearish harami pattern.
    In the End for a long position 3 lower highs and lower lows have to follow immediately. Close of current candle must be higher than open if first candle is bearish or close of current candle must be higher if first candle is bullish. TP is high of first candle.

For Short vice versa.

Perhaps somebody can check if this code seems to be okay?

That seems good. They are rare patterns, but the code works!

On Eur/Usd, daily, I could find just one occurrence of L1 (line 4) in a few years!

Great 🙂

Can you t ell me how I can set or implement TP on High of Candle 1 and SL on Low of candle 3 (for Long trades) and vice versa for short?

Mille Grazie

Marc

Hi Roberto,

agein I’d like to thank you.

Is this correct?

Yes, it is correct. Good job!

Ciao Roberto
    thank you very much for your feedback.

Is there a possibility to exclude sundaycandles? When testing this strategy with IG I get other results than using the demo. Perhaps the reason is the tickbytick data…?

Rgds

Marc

You should always use tick-by-tick option, to get correct results, especially on higher TFs.

As for sunday and weekend data, NO you cannot! You can exclude them from being displayed but they are still there and indicators will use them.

If your strategy has SET instructions or LIMIT or STOP instructions in it (which yours does) then you must test with tick by tick data turned on. If however your strategy does not have these and does all its trading at candle close/open then you do not need it turned on and you will then have the benefit of far more data to test on as tick by tick data is only available back to a certain date.

2 users thanked author for this post.

I think SL and TP should be amended…

When I’m Long:
    SL is Low of candle before entry and TP is High of 3 candles before entry

When I’m Short:
    SL is High of candle before entry and TP is Low of 3 candles before entry

Pls find example attached

You agree with below Marc?

I’ll try below on my copy, I was expecting better performance and below may be what it needs?

Edit / PS – Still doesn’t look good? What are you getting, what is intended market and TF?

1 user thanked author for this post.

I want to outline that Marc‘s code to deal with SL & TP will only work fron the 2nd candle on, since SET are not written after BUY/SELLSHORT, but only after detecting it’s ONMARKET (either long or short), which takes one whole candle to ProOrder to become aware of it! Not having a TP & SL for one candle is not a big problem for 1-minute charts, but for daily charts….. it could be an awful surprise!

Thank you Roberto.

I think the exit strategy needs work anyway as I changed to below and got attached far better results with the values shown on attached.

What values did you assign to A, B, C and D?

What values did you assign to A, B, C and D?

I’m guessing 40 60 25 and 120.

Screenshot_4-9

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login