7 day sma crossing 50 day sma with volume help

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProScreener support 7 day sma crossing 50 day sma with volume help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

hi all , just learning coding so im starting simple , if someone could help please , im after the code in the title of the code script not title of thread , volume 50% above average volume

i know the below is not right but i think it is close , i ammended it from one of my previous requests , not sure how to add the sma 7 above sma 50 but only by no more than 5 bars

thank you very much to anyone that helps

the 7 day sma below the 50 day sma trending up with 1.5 times average volume has worked for me my last two trades taking 50% profit for the week got to love that , i do look at other fa things like money in bank to reduce cr risk , i also look at the management and what they have done in past , might be luck but im looking to also check the stocks that have just crossed over the 50 day sma , good luck all with your trading and again thanks for any help

ill try this without any help hopefully im right lol

Please don’t post code with line numbers. It may happen that Copy & Paste adds line numbers, but you can easily remove them.

Thank you.

mmm nope didnt work , im wanting the stocks to screen where the from the red arrow to the blue above the 50 day sma , so the blue arrow should be the current date at the most and the cross over 5 days before

sorry both pictures are the same i cant delete one or at least i dont know how to

There you go (not tested):

You are comparing current MA7  agains the 2nd previous MA7, ok?  (the previous one is MA7[1])

Actually this is correct, since the most recent bar mast have a valid condition:

There you go (not tested):

You are comparing current MA7 agains the 2nd previous MA7, ok? (the previous one is MA7[1])

thank you Robert , i was close , im thinking the ma7 is uptrend two bars ?

Hi Robert i tested and thank you but it isnt doing what im after , ive attached a picture ,ive circled the yellow 7 sma cross the 50 sma or should that be touch? , and at most 5 days above the 50 day sma white , so what i mean is the current day could be any one of of the 5 bars after touching

i hope you understand what i mean and again thank you kindly for taking the time to help

here is a graph of the code you helped with , you can see the yellow sma7 is well below the sma 50 white?

and image two shows the yellow sma 7 crosses white sma 50 and there are 40 odd bars after the crossing?

i guess what im saying is i want to see stocks that the 7 day sma has touched or gone above the 50 day sma less than 5 days from current close date

so i would see stocks that have touched on the current day

i would see stocks that are over on the next day trending up

i would see stocks that are over on day two after crossing and up to day 5 after crossing but must be trending up,

i hope im not being confusing , i know what i want just not how to explain it well i dont think

What’s the instrument and TF in your pics?

Did you use my second version?

yes i tried all the codes you put up mate

TF? im assuming you mean technical ?  and instrument he software?

if so

the software is pro realtime

yellow line 7 day sma white 50 day sma , purple 7 day ema blue 50 day ema , ive had good success lately catching the 7 day sma or ema crossing the 50 day on very good volume and then checking the fundamentals

TF = Time Frame

INSTRUMENT = Fx pair, Stock…

I need to replicate your results.

time frame one day is that what you mean?

i dont understand FX pair sorry

stock is the asx australia , the pictures are just examples of one of the stocks your codes gave me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login