3 bar play, 4 bar play

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProScreener support 3 bar play, 4 bar play

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Yes, I added a picture.
    So, the stock is open up with a gap, and it takes out yesterdays high. This is very important. So this strategy only works on stocks.

Then, the 3 bar play is only “used” on the first bars, so the code should not execute later.

In the picture you also se that the stoploss is set below candle 2.

One problem, is that we want to enter as soon as candle 3 takes out candle 2, i guess this is not possible, we can only enter on candle close? right?

Did this makes it more clear @robertogozzi

Do not use the “@” sign unless many peiople are discussing and it’s very difficult  to know what post is aimed to who.

I will study it and will let you know as soon as possible.

So you need a strategy, not a screener?

Moreover, I coded the indicator and screener having only the screenshot as a reference fior the 4 patterns, I did not watch the video.

Actually the guy on the video talks about the first bar (the IGNITION bar) as a wide range bar, no matter the colour as long as it breaks (with just either OPEN or CLOSE, or with HIGH?) the resistance level (which I did not check).

So, what pattern do you want to trade?

And what about resuistance/support level to be broken by those patterns, how do you want them to be detected?

Hi all,

The issue at the start of the thread is that the code is a literal interpretation of the picture provided, if you go back to the original  video by Jerad Wesley from Live Traders he is describing a set of conditions. I have coded a indicator for the three bar play going long or short, the point is that an entry is made as soon as the current candle breaks above the pervious two candles, and it tends to go in a rush. so if you are wanting to use it as a screener you will need lightning reflexes on lower time frames. it should work fine on longer time frames. The code is for an indicator but I believe the conversion should be simple enough

Enjoy!

Oh, and while we are on the subject, if you want to put a fabulous golden arrow onto your chart just check out this code

Use only the SELECT FILE button to attach files.

Embedding them in your posts will slow down the forum.

Thank you 🙂

Hi,

Can someone support to turn this on to a screener?

Thanks in advanced,

Fredrik

There you go:

Screeners do not allow negative numbers, so I replaced -1 with 2.

Thanks Roberto !

// Fredrik

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login