2 strategies, same index

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #117592 quote
    IcaroFMIcaroFM
    Participant
    Veteran

    Hi everyone,

    I’ve an IG account and I would like to apply 2 different automated strategies (one only long, one only short) on the same index.

    My question is: trades are indipendent or when the A strategy buy a contract will be closed the short position on B strategy?

    #117594 quote
    VonasiVonasi
    Moderator
    Master

    Automated strategies cannot communicate with each other.

    Both strategies could be combined in one though as a long order closes all short positions and vice versa.

    #117595 quote
    IcaroFMIcaroFM
    Participant
    Veteran

    Thank You Vonasi. I don’t want to join 2 strategies. It would be better for me 2 separate strategies.

    Is it possible? Could I have 1 position long and 1 position short at the same time on the same index?

    #117597 quote
    nonethelessnonetheless
    Participant
    Master

    Could I have 1 position long and 1 position short at the same time on the same index?

    Yes you can. I have multiple strategies running on the same instruments at any one time and they often hedge each other.

    #117598 quote
    GraHalGraHal
    Participant
    Master

    Could I have 1 position long and 1 position short at the same time on the same index?

    Yes you can if you run separate strategies (as you want anyway).

    #117599 quote
    IcaroFMIcaroFM
    Participant
    Veteran

    Thank you all!

    #117602 quote
    robertogozzirobertogozzi
    Moderator
    Legend

    You can, provided you have selected the option, in your account with IG, to allow them.

    Limited Risk accounts do not allow hedging.

    IcaroFM thanked this post
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
ProRealAI ProRealAI New

Stuck on this ProBuilder code?

Describe what this topic is trying to build, in plain English, and ProRealAI writes the ProRealTime™ indicator, screener or system for you.

Available in 7 languages
Try ProRealAI

2 strategies, same index


ProOrder: Automated Strategies & Backtesting

New Reply
Author
author-avatar
IcaroFM @icarofm Participant
Summary

This topic contains 6 replies,
has 5 voices, and was last updated by robertogozzirobertogozzi
6 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Details
Forum: ProOrder: Automated Strategies & Backtesting
Language: English
Started: 01/23/2020
Status: Active
Attachments: No files
ProRealCode ProRealCode
Loading...