2 strategies, same index

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 2 strategies, same index

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Hi everyone,

I’ve an IG account and I would like to apply 2 different automated strategies (one only long, one only short) on the same index.

My question is: trades are indipendent or when the A strategy buy a contract will be closed the short position on B strategy?

Automated strategies cannot communicate with each other.

Both strategies could be combined in one though as a long order closes all short positions and vice versa.

Thank You Vonasi. I don’t want to join 2 strategies. It would be better for me 2 separate strategies.

Is it possible? Could I have 1 position long and 1 position short at the same time on the same index?

Could I have 1 position long and 1 position short at the same time on the same index?

Yes you can. I have multiple strategies running on the same instruments at any one time and they often hedge each other.

Could I have 1 position long and 1 position short at the same time on the same index?

Yes you can if you run separate strategies (as you want anyway).

Thank you all!

You can, provided you have selected the option, in your account with IG, to allow them.

Limited Risk accounts do not allow hedging.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login