50 days and still no fix!

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProRealTime platform support 50 days and still no fix!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

It has now been 50 days since the IG demo server crashed or was switched off and 50 days now that end of day or end of week strategies have not opened any positions in live testing on the PRT demo platform .

50 days!!!! I’ll repeat that…… 50 days!!!!

Do IG or PRT have any plans to ever fix this issue so that those of us who want to forward test end of day and end of week strategies can actually do so?

Some news, or any news would be better than waiting day after day and each day finding that no trades have opened yet again.

I try to work around accepting that we have no control or influence as to priorities that IG and PRT work to … no matter how much we moan (me! 🙂 ) are constructive and polite (you!) and no matter how many messages we put on here or how many improvement suggestions we make on here or the IG Community Forums etc.

I say to myself … is this a show stopper or can I think of a work around??

If I get an Issue sorted or an improvement implemented then I consider it a bonus!

Above mindset is the only way I can cope else I would either blow my top … but still nobody would listen … or I pack up altogether … I have invested too much of my life / time to pack it in just yet!?

Vonasi, how about instead of knitting sweaters for your sailing buddies (while waiting for IG to sort your problem)  why don’t you work on other than end of day / end of week strategies?

Anyway now with MTF can’t you execute trades, for example … 5 mins before end of day, but still use Daily conditions etc??

Just a few thoughts … don’t shoot the messenger! 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

Anyway now with MTF can’t you execute trades, for example … 5 mins before end of day, but still use Daily conditions etc?? Just a few thoughts … don’t shoot the messenger!

I could but just the thought of going through sixty plus strategies and adapting them to MTF makes me want to pick up the knitting needles instead. Sods law says that just as I finish that coding project PRT/IG will fix the problem!

I can get the results that I want to see by back testing each and every strategy once in a while but it is labour intensive. I also have code that tells me what the margin would have been and an idea of what the true profit/loss would be taking into account overnight fees but this is not as accurate as live forward testing with true fees. I also do not know if there are any bugs that cause issues without live testing.

As for working on strategies other than end of day/end of week – I re-visit this idea regularly but on each occasion I just remind my self why I moved to daily and weekly trading. For me weekly and daily candles/price action tell me so much more about the market than a whole bunch of faster time frame candles.  Anyway – a bit off topic now….. I’ll just go back to dreaming of trades opening and maybe start on knitting a pair of socks for the winter.

Dear Vonasi and GraHam,

the issue you mentioned has been corrected on the 26th for Demo by IG.

All you have to do is restarting your systems.

Regards,

Jakub

the issue you mentioned has been corrected on the 26th for Demo by IG. All you have to do is restarting your systems.

I fear this may be incorrect info from IG as it just so happens that on the 27th at approximately 0825 I stopped and restarted the simple test strategy that I have had running since I first recognised this issue – and that strategy has still failed to open a single position since then. I will stop and restart it again and report tomorrow whether anything has changed.

The simple test strategy is this:

and here is when I stopped and restarted it:

Screenshot_1

Today is my birthday. I had hoped that IG/PRT would gift me a present. I wished for a working demo platform that actually opened positions on daily and weekly end of day strategies. Alas when I woke this morning I received nothing.

Strategies still do not open. My test strategy failed to open a position despite doing what IG said (stop and restart it) and despite their claims that all is fixed.

I have changed this topic back to unresolved and will just carry on counting the number of days that the platform has not worked properly. 54 days is what I believe to be the current record.

Screenshot_2

Still not working. 55 days and counting…..

Day 56. Still not fixed.

I’m thinking of running a book on this. At the moment I’ll offer 1/100 that it will be fixed this month and 5/1 that it will be fixed before my next birthday. Please request any odds for times in between. Unfortunately I am not willing to accept bets that it will never ever be fixed as this is odds on favourite.

Day 57…. I’ll leave it at that and just go and do something else that does not involve IG and PRT demo. My psychiatrist says it is not a good idea to get angry.

Blimey really sorry to hear of your hassles Vonasi and you such a calm bloke back when I ‘left’ a few months back with a very balanced outlook on the give n take pressures of ‘life’ all clearly spelled out in earlier posts reduced to this…

I know this message does precisely jack all to help your situation other than get it back on top of the pile until someone else posts but please I hope this does not wind you up if already stated but opening a 0.5 position… is that possible now? To be honest I am getting mixed up with MTF support and partial position closures that are coming soon/in beta/available in demo/soon to be available in live/watch this space etc. that I can’t keep up with what is actually working that if it isn’t working live I see no point of creating demo strategies based on it in the hope that ITF get it rolled out live eventually

Only other thing that comes to mind is oddities that happen with timezone settings (I’m in Asia and have been for last few months and as said earlier have IG UK and AUS which leads to all kinds of interesting and mind bending calculations re: days/times) could this perhaps in anyway be due to timezone settings in PRT and however it could be happening the beginning of a day/week is not being properly registered – am thinking along the lines of GRAPH ing things out to see what is in fact being produced by PRT (although I know for a fact what shows when using GRAPH is not always what is happening when strategy is running live) – please don’t shoot me down if you’ve read through this steadily fuming at the time wasted you could have spent on that other sleeve of the jumper! 😉

I’m happy to have a go at replicating with a strategy in my demo the above code you’ve pasted – just that on the daily TF and on the Weekly TF yeh? should obviously open then immediately close a position is that all there is to it or have I missed anything?

fuming at the time wasted you could have spent on that other sleeve of the jumper!

Love it! We all need to laugh more!?

It can be a lonely, demoralising hobby (trading) esp when everything seems to be going wrong, but a laugh helps me loads!

Coffee and toast now … another boost!

but opening a 0.5 position… is that possible now?

From IG platform for DJI.

Screenshot_5

I also have a faster time frame strategy that is running on the DJI and opening 0.5 position size trades. Just out of interest and to confirm that position size is not the issue I will relaunch the strategy with a position size of 1 and report back tomorrow.

MTF is available live now but only if you request it and not as standard on all accounts. It is still really in beta testing.

Please test the code if you want to as it will then eliminate it just being a problem on my account. Launch it on daily. It will open a position at midnight and close it one day later. Close the trade manually or change the exit criteria if you want to as it is just whether it actually opens a trade that we are interested in.

I’ve set it going on my Demo account.

You should have asked Vonasi, normally this is the first thing I think of. but with this problem it never occurred to me, sorry!

What’s that expression … “When crocodiles are snapping your legs, it’s easy to forget  the task was to drain the swamp!” 🙂

From IG platform for DJI.

I also have a faster time frame strategy that is running on the DJI and opening 0.5 position size trades. Just out of interest and to confirm that position size is not the issue I will relaunch the strategy with a position size of 1 and report back tomorrow.

Right ok yeh I know/have known about the fact can trade partial contracts from IG platform for a long time but thought it was a no go in PRT – I tried using the search function on here to find this but I don’t know if it is just me but often it is more productive to go to google and search ‘back into’ ProRealcode than it is using the sites search function it never brings up what I am looking for and just multiple results for the same thread over and over… anyway I’ve used the feature on here to ba able to look back through threads I’ve posted in and found this https://www.prorealcode.com/topic/trading-fractions-of-a-contract/ you can see the issue and my comments/thoughts about this or has something changed?

No idea how you are successfully being able to run a strategy on the faster TF with partial contracts but my guess is its’ something to do with how it is possible to trade partial positions in Demo PRT only and perhaps it is letting you get away with it on sub Daily TF’s but not on the Daily TF for whatever weird and wonderful reason but ummm my guess is you’re wasting your time if you think it is going to work in Live PRT as per the linked thread (again unless something has changed/this feature is in beta/demo only/coming soon to live for some users etc.?)

(Never come across that one before GraHal hahah)

0.5 is not a partial contract it is the minimum size bet allowed by IG on the DJI.

When I last checked partial closure is not available except for manual trading. Back tests with partial closure can be run with an auto strategy but the strategy cannot be run live on either demo or live platforms.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login