1 Min Trading Strategy

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 1 Min Trading Strategy

• This topic has 219 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by avatarLeo.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 220 total)

If the prescribed method for WF is to trade Demo / Live using optimised values from the most recent backtested period (provided WF % is > 50%) then why do we bother backtesting for 100k bars or 200k bars?? 🙂

I run the dax version today (with tp8 sl50) and that is stopped twice for error division by zero.

It took 3 trades in real ( win 🙂 ) and it stopped again.

I do not see where the problem comes from 🙁

Think I know where the potential ‘divide by zero’ problem could lie:

Can fix by replacing the above block of code with this:

Here’s two possibilities on the link below  … let us know which works please as I had this on another Strat a few days ago.

https://www.prorealcode.com/topic/trading-system-was-stopped-due-to-a-division-by-zero/

Thanks to Wing …
    Usually, this problem is because you have a variable that you initiate as zero, or simply do not give a set value to at first. When you try to divide a number or another variable with this zero variable, an error is returned. So my first suggestion, look at all points in the system where you divide something, then make sure nothing is ever divided by zero.

But – thanks to Bin – solution was in fact …

Thanks for your advise, I fixed the problem, it caused by preloadbars issue, my previous setting is 150, its ok when change to 1000. 

why do we bother backtesting for 100k bars or 200k bars??

If we have more history, we can do a lot more IS/OOS tests and be more confident on the robustness of the strategy and its ability to benefit from optimization.

Think I know where the potential ‘divide by zero’ problem could lie:

Can fix by replacing the above block of code with this:

thank you. But for the dax I use your version 1 of the code and there are not these parts of code.

Here is the code I use :

Line 23-31, I´ve tried this on a strategy with candlesticks and it worked for me, same as Francesco78 did in his oil strategy.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Juanji.

THANK YOU for this strategy.! WORKS GREAT.!

I run in on EUR/USD, AUD/USD and EUR/CHF. Some run with your original code and some on the modified code. All with different SL and TP levels.

It will be great if the same strategy will run on Bear market as well.

I tried to tweak it for Bear market but I have no programming skills and gave up after some hours. I have tried coding but is just not good at it like you guys but I try.

I am considering giving it to friend of mine who recently lost his job and will need some income on the side.
    I have been looking for strategy like this that does not require big amount of capital with him in mind.

Thank you
    Andre Vorster

DAX not bad too with a added “MFE trailing stop” set up to 10…

1 user thanked author for this post.

I almost forgot about this strategy! Glad to see it still works.

@Inertia
    , maybe you can add the DAX version with the MFE Trailing Stop for easier future reference.

2 users thanked author for this post.

There you go.

I also tried to make this strategy looking for short trades but was not successful enough to go live.

Thank you JuanJ !

I tried the eur/usd code on page nr 3 and it looks like this. Ins´t that strange?

I also want to remind you that when you test the dax code you can´t backtest it with 1p spread since it´s 2p spread after 17:30.

@Inertia:Did you run a little longer backtest than only 2 weeks?

For those who are interested, I have played around adapting the strategy to ETH/USD and managed to get some good results.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 220 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login