** 2018 NEWS – ProRealTime new features, improvements and things to come!

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support ** 2018 NEWS – ProRealTime new features, improvements and things to come!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

I would like to share with you the various information I have access to about the many good news regarding current developments and new features of ProRealTime. 2018 will be a busy year.
    For information also, I am currently testing the multitimeframe environment and it is very successful, I am really satisfied with what I have tested so far, I will also open a specific topic on the forum to talk about it with you and make you participate! 🙂

1. Performance: PRT have deployed in February / March an update that significantly improves the performances of the platform. It’s progressive, the last wave will pass by the end of March.

2. Stops guaranteed for standard accounts (in manual trading and auto trading): It was released in demo early March, the LIVE release is scheduled soon. (sorry pictures in French).

Stop-garanti-1-1
    Stop-garanti-ProOrder-1

3. MF Stock Trading: As you probably know, it was not possible to trade IG shares via PRT without subscribing to the official data. This is now the case in demo, it will be activated early in the week LIVE. It only concerns the manual trading for now, automatic trading will follow.

4. Various updates on ProOrder: released a lot of fixes/improvements in March (stop strategies, ghost orders, etc.)

In the short term:

5.  PRT is working on partial closures: Manual trading + auto trading (SELL x SHARES at MARKET which is currently prohibited). It looks good, it’s a matter of weeks for this feature to be available!

I am very excited about points 2 and 5, I know that many of you want to create trading strategies that include profit and / or loss targets at different levels, it suggests so many new possibilities!

EDIT: I’m currently testing the multitimeframe feature (not yet available to public), I’m talking about it in this thread: [beta-testing] multi timeframe support for automatic trading, ideas are welcome!

Total of 15 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 10 listed.

Thanks for the update Nicolas. Points 2 and 5 are very exciting and eagerly awaited. They should turn PRT into a very powerful tool.

sou novo o site como Baixo a plataforma Prorealcode.

Huw

Will there be the ability to use an index as an indicator? EG if the vix spikes up by x then sell wall st, or if wall st spikes down by x then sell the asx200?

A risk:reward graphic, similar to a Fibonacci ruler, but with a representation of the number of contracts/shares required to achieve the desired $dollar R:R.

Tradingview have a nice version.  You can see it on their free platform.

Thanks for adding this.

Looks like so.  A double click will allow the user to set the account size and % risk per trade default values.  Essential tool for ease of trading.

Hi Nicolas, and thanks for your excellent contributions over the years.

Excellent new features. Also looking forward alto to the new multitimeframe support 🙂

Then we just lack multi asset support for inter-market signals 😉

Just a quick question I got that I’m pretty sure of but just want to double check.

PRT cant read a file during execution right?

There are no way to communicate between strategies correct?

Best Regards

/Martin

@JWorks
    Right, it is not still possible to read external data with the code. But, this is one of many others possibilities that should come to extend the language in a near future .. (don’t have ETA sorry!) 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

Thanks Nicolas for your contribution!!

I have a question on HOW TO STOP AN INTRADAY AUTOMATIC SYSTEM FOR THE REST OF THE DAY IN BARS 5M WHEN HAVING 3 CONSECUTIVES LOSSES.

I have the following but it is not working:

At the beginning of the code:

IF Time=153500 THEN
    BadTrades=0
    ENDIF

In the middle of the code:

IF condicionesentrada>0  THEN
    IF BadTrades<3 THEN
    BUY 3 CONTRACTS AT MARKET
    SET STOP pLOSS 25 pTRAILING 50
    ENDIF
    ENDIF

At the end of the code:

IF POSITIONPERF(1)<0 THEN
    BadTrades=BadTrades+1
    ELSIF POSITIONPERF(1)>=0 THEN
    BadTrades=0
    ENDIF

I would really appreciate if you can help me.

Thanks!!

Ricardo

Moderator’s edit: please avoid double post (even in different languages). In order to avoid parallel threads with split answers, anybody willing to answer this post should do so not here but in the main first post over there: https://www.prorealcode.com/topic/stop-trading-automatico-con-3-perdidas-consecutivas/

Can we close partially a position or put a trailing stop on a portion of an open position on PRT ?

thanks

Still not in live trading, but we should expect it very soon.. Once I get news about it, I will make announcement here!

Thanks for the update Nicolas, multi-timeframe looks very useful. One disappointment I have with ProOrder is not being able to use tick based charts. I’ve found these to be far more productive when working in ProBacktest. Any chance of tick charts coming into the mix any time soon?

Thanks

Nick

1. With MTF will it be possible to set the desired TF with a variable, say TIMEFRAME[MyPreferredTF] that has been previously assigned like, say, MyPreferredTF=10seconds, provided they add more data types other than numeric?
    2. When I backtest a strategy on a Daily TF  I get many years of data history to work with, while on a 10-second TF I only get roughly a single week; with MTF I will combine both TFs so when backtesting what results will ProOrder show, performance for the whole Daily history or for the lower 10-second history?

One disappointment I have with ProOrder is not being able to use tick based charts.

I have the same feeling 😐

Any chance of tick charts coming into the mix any time soon?

I don’t think we’ll get it “soon”.

@roberto

1. No, TIMEFRAME instruction doesn’t accept variable. There is no string variable, as you know..
    2. I know that’s frustrating, but the backtest will use the 10 seconds TF in your example
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Thanks Niclas,

what we are all desperate for is multiple time frame in PRO-Order. I believe you already have it in Pro_Filter but not in Pro-Order. any hope to get it any time soon?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login