2 questions about the List of closed postions in my Backtest

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProBuilder support 2 questions about the List of closed postions in my Backtest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Hi,

I have 2 questions about the Liste of Closed Postions of my backtest. I am backtesting on the EURUSD 1 hour chart.
    I use PRT version v11.1 – 1.8.0_202

Q1. My backtest list of closed positions shows a lot of MAE $o,00. When I look I see it calculates the MAE on the close of the bars after my entry and it ignores wicks, which makes a significant difference. How can I include the wicks?

Q2.The list of closed positions shows the currency symbol in my Abs Perf, MFE and MAE, like $3500,00. I would like to have it as 3500,00. When I covert this list into a CSV file to paste it into excel I have to delete all the currency symbols in the cells otherwise excell cannot use it as a number. Is there a way to convert without the currency symbols, because otherwise the convertion doesn’t  maken any sense.

Thank you, Marc

1/ it is about to be fixed (compute MAE/MFE with Highs/Lows instead of Close)

2/ I understand that is annoying, but your cells must be in “money” format, my Excel version detects it automatically. If not, change the cells format of that column (sorry attached screenshot is in French).

Hi Nicolas,

Q1. I can’t wait for the moment 🙂

Q2: Yes, I have done that, but it still doesn’t work.

Use find and replace in Excel to replace $ with a space.

Roberto taught me that one when I had the same issue but he has obviously forgotten!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Oh yes Vonasi…..of course, great idea. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login