2 limit orders at once

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 2 limit orders at once

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Hi,

Sorry if it has been discussed before. I did try to do a quick search and find the answer but no avail.

I want to do the following e.g.

The idea is I want to leave 2 orders, one at the front of the support zone and one at the back of same zone. I don’t want 1st limit order get overriden by the 2nd.

Thanks

Your orders will be both placed and might be both triggered, as there is no OCO support.

They are automatically cancelled when triggered OR when the bar closes (you’ll have to place them again and again if not triggered and you still need them).

Be warned that LIMIT and STOP orders are different and should be placed not at your chioice, but according to their rules (as per attached pic). STOP orders need to be chosen when the entry price will be worse than the current one (i.e. you plan go either Long at a higher price or go Short at a lower price), while LIMIT orders should be chosen when the entry price will be better than the current one (i.e. you go either Long at a lower price or go Short at a higher price).

Failing to abide by this rule may imply a trade is entered at market.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login