10.3 loads less data than 10.2 and 10.1 with IG

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProRealTime platform support 10.3 loads less data than 10.2 and 10.1 with IG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

I recently migrated to PRT 10.3 with IG but I notice that the tick charts on shares DFB do not hold a full days data and so when trying to build inidcators referencing previous days they do not work!  The data only loads about 2/3 of the day depending on the share.

It appears that the lowest timeframe is 5 minutes for referencing data from previous days.

I work with 25 unit charts and loading 1000 units  just produces junk data

10.2 and 10.1 used to load many more ticks

Any ideas on how to load more data into tick charts on 10.3 please else I ll have to go back to 10.2

Thanks in advance

Try contacting IG with this support request.

Thanks I ll give them a shout although PRT support feels weak at IG.

I suspect it is a sneaky way of cutting storage requirements on servers by restricting how much tick data can be loaded but I may be wrong.

Why not loading more units than 1000?

Personally I wouldn’t trade on Tick data with IG-PRT. If you want to trade Tick you should use another platform and maybe another broker. Search the IG API and I think you might find some limits about data.

Tick charts are built with the ticks sent by the broker, they will be different from a broker to another, that’s how it works.

I’m used to program for other platforms and I ensure you that tick-charts available through PRT are very good. I’ve seen many other tick-charts examples made of other brokers that aggregate ticks and lead to poor reliable candlesticks formation.. I’m talking from my own experience, you can count on the reliability of the PRT tick-charts.

Just to clarify my point its not the reliability or validity of PRT printing the tick data correctly (if IG sends it – I’m confident PRT will print it), I question the reliability of data that is or isn’t being sent by IG especially on the demo accounts.

Just to clarify PRT 10.3 with IG only appears to load a limited amount of data (approx 5 hours or so) on all time frames up to 5 minutes (e.g. tick 1 minute 3 minutes etc)

This means that once the market has been open maybe 4 or 5 hours all inidcators which refer to the start of the day or previous days do not work or disappear. eg open of the day or close yesterday

This does not happen with 10.2 and didnt with 10.1 and appears to be a major bug/limitation.

You can select the oprion on charts to load more units so  data and inidcators are plotted but they are wrong.

Anybody else noticed this?

I’m not with IG so I can’t tell, but could you give us some shares tickers/names for testing? How many ticks per bar?

Hi Nicolas,

just try any FTSE 100 share eg RIO Tinto and load it up on a 1 minute chart near the end of the day say 4pm and then try and scroll left to the start of the day and you will probably see the chart will only scroll back to about 11am.

In this way you cannot see a whole day and small timeframes under 5 minutes.  This is just for PRT v10.3 as 10.2 is okay.

Let me know how you get on with your charts please thank you.

Also try adding an indicator=daily open and it will dissapear off your chart as the day progresses as the data is not there near as late afternoon approaches.

If I set the units to 100.000, I can go back to May 2018, on a 1-minute timeframe (picture attached).

Again, I’m not with IG, so I encourage you to contact them, it is all about data history and not related to platform I guess.

Hey Nicolas thank you.

If you add an indicator = DOpen(1)  and look at it on a 1 minute chart today does it correctly plot the open price from yesterday please?

My charts do not as they do not store data from yesterday at the 1 minute level and if I load up 100,000 units the DOpen(1) plotted today is the wrong value.

Yes it returns the good values = the daily opens from the previous days.

Thank you for checking. I am investigating with IG.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login