10-20 trades a DAY on DAX?

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 10-20 trades a DAY on DAX?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

I don’t have that big account so I can only have max 5 algos live at the same time.

Some weeks my algos only take 1 trade/week!

Boring!!

I try to code an algo that makes quite a few trades/day(10-20 trades). 1 min timeframe seems to work best.

DAX often moves 100-200 points a day.

Do you have any good suggestions on what to consider when coding an algo that should take many trades a day?

What type of stop usually works…

Hi! There is no secret answer here. It feels alot harder to make a profitable code on a shorter timeframe because of all the “noise” happening in between the real moves.

Filters are your friend. Figure out how to filter out the noise and not filter out the real moves. Thats basicly  the “how to” in this game.. It is very hard, everything and anything can and wont work. Good luck!

Agree with you jebus.

just thought that if there is any filter that usually works better at lower timeframes and so on.

nah not really, when looking for extremes, a bollinger band is always good, when looking for moreover that “trend” in the market i find using RSI, moving averages, ATR usefull. Also mixing in higher timeframes might give an indication of where we where and where we are and where we’re going.

Thanks jebus.

I’ve been coding for two years now so I know the basics well.

Will see if I can get to an algo that is really active 🙂

Don’t get it with as active algo as I want but here comes a EURUSD algo that takes a few positions/week.

Spread 0.7.

Optimized until 2018.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login