"1 par jour !" Stratégy on DJ H1 ( one par day)

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support "1 par jour !" Stratégy on DJ H1 ( one par day)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Hello ! 🙂

Here is a strategy that takes only one position per day. On the DJ in h1 at the opening.

This is my version of a classic strategy that I am trying to improve.

It is very simple: we take position once a day in the direction of the trend. Trend confirmed by the MACD and an MA100 at the time of opening.

We exit postion with the ATR trailing stop (code on prorealcode) :

I did not over-optimize it. I code it on 50 000 unit and i test on 200 000 unit. The Spread of 1.8 is included. Starting capital 1000 usd.

The problem is that there are sometimes long series of losses.

Any ideas to reduce the drawdown or to improve the strategy will be appreciated 🙂

TheAccountant

PS : Google translation is my new friends now 🙂  🙂  🙂

Hi Accountant,

Thanks so much for your reply!!!! I will take a look to your system, although I am afraid I am not going to be able to test it for more than 100.000 units, since PRT does not allow more than that.

I can see you have a very narrow timeframe: 14:50-15:10h, so I cannot apply to my system. I operate in M15 from 09:00 to 14:00 and the average time for an operation is 30-60 min, so after that time another one is open. I am browsing the different forums and getting new ideas, but in any case, I do appreciate your help.

As I said, I will review your code and if I see any room for improvement, I will let you know.

Very best,

Juan

P.S.- Good luck with Google translation. I am living in Germany and I can’t live without it ;))))))))

1 user thanked author for this post.

hello !

For now the positions taken directly on the demo account are exactly the same as the backtest !

Good news TheAccountant!

Did you try to test the slope of the 100SMA and/or the MACD one to trigger your orders?

I do not understand what you mean ? I use the 100sma and the MACD. ( une ptite trad en french de “the slope” ?  🙂  ou une ptite explication de ce que tu veux dire en french ? )

Slope means “pente” in French or the “direction” of the curve to be precise 🙂

ok thank ! 🙂

I do not know how to do that. I can put price above or below but according to the Slope I do not know

You can compute a simple slope just by comparing if the current period value of the indicator is superior or inferior to the previous one:

Or you can also add a filter to know the current slope is bullish since 10 bars for example:

Ok thank you Nicolas. I tested both ways and it’s not better for the drawdown.

I also tried to add a 50sma (sma 50> sma100 for buy) and replaced ATR trailing stop by a simple trailing stop : It’s a little better for the winnings but still with a big drawdown 🙁

You can also use the same slope condition with your MACD.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login