1 min candle – Entry Question

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 1 min candle – Entry Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Hi,

I have a question regarding my program.

I use 1 min DAX .

If the 8:01 bar closes above the high or below the low of the 08:00 bar then a trade in that direction is entered at 0802:00 ( there are a couple of other rules but probably not relevant) . What has happened on these recent occasions is that the trade has not happened but if I enter 08:03:00 as the trade end time then the trade is entered at 08:03:00 but basis the original rules eg what happens at end of 08:01 bar .

Its as if PRT is not looking at the rules of the trade until after 08:02:00 so cannot enter until the next bar .

Should the parameters be met, I would like the trade to enter @ 08.02 when the 08.01 candle ends.

Any ideas?

Appreciate any help

Tommy

Code is always read / actioned at the end of each candle and any trades are opened at the start of the next candle … does that help with your Issue?

If you post your code then I’m sure we can help more if needed.

Thanks .  Unfortunately the issue is sporadic and more often than not works as it should.  Makes it harder to diagnose.

For example, I run the same strategy with different trades sizes across two accounts, there have been times where one account is executed at the correct time/candle and the other account is executed a minute later i.e the next candle.

Why would one account work and not the other?

Also, occasionally I am not filled (when I should) but when I run back test I would of been filled a minute later.

Is there something in PRT that says if trade isn’t executed immediately you have to wait for next candle to close?

Are you using the same value for spread in both accounts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login