5 strategies stopped this morning!

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProRealTime platform support 5 strategies stopped this morning!

• This topic has 20 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by avatarBatty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This morning 5 (!) of my strategies were stopped all with the error message “This trading system was stopped because the broker could not confirm the status of the last order”. Did anybody experience similar and has an idea how to prevent it?

I reported the problem als to PRT.

I saw this, but thats another problem (if someone had problem with stops)

https://community.ig.com/t5/General-Trading-Strategy/Trying-To-Trade-The-quot-DAX-quot-Why-do-i-get-this-message/m-p/22544

Hi,

I also have three DAX strategies stopped this morning with the following message: The order level you have requested is too close to the current market level. The minimum distance for this market is 300 per point.

I assume that the volatility of the market has moved and now it requires that SL distances are bigger, and it is affecting to some of our strategies in which those small SL are in conflict with the new SL margins.

This was a different error than with my strategies but 300 point minimum distance is ridiculous. This equals 7500 euro with a full contract!

Not only that. I saw some of my strategies (DEMO) failed because orders were launched with 10-15 pips of spread(??) last night.  Another strategy said open at market in 1 hour strategy and bought at 15:14, and the same with the sell. It might happen that PRT has tried to buy several times and orders were rejected until it found its way through after 15 min (%&$???)

I switched a few days ago from PRT Complete to PRT Premium and moved all my demo live strategies over to the new platform and since then two strategies that were running just fine on the DAX before have been stopped. I checked the rejected orders and see this description multiple times around the time of the stopped strategy ‘This market is now closed’. Image attached.

The last strategy stopped took a big hit when it was stopped which makes me worried to run anything live in the real world at the moment.

I have just experienced this, this same morning.

I lost one of my strategies operations when it was 20 pips from it SL.

Once again I feel confirmed in my opinion that it is not possible to trade professionally with PRT.

Also so far no useful comment regarding the problems from PRT support. This is so tiring. I already stopped developing with PRT because of all the errors several weeks ago and it is just a few strategies that I still have running on PRT but I grow even tired of just maintaining this existing strategies.

It was closed at 12.247 at 07:36 when the price in the DAX was 12.270 at the same time. That is what I called a favourable “slippage”

I want to believe that it is only happening in DEMO accounts. There were many problems with overnights miscalculations, and similar problems in DEMO, and I already had the demo reset to 100000€ since they couldn’t find the problem.

Maybe these days, because the volatility of the markets, they are adjusting/increasing margins and SL and it is creating some confusion on real accounts as well. So far, I have not experienced anything like that in REAL, but I understand that sometimes challenging and creative strategies with tights parameters such SL may cause unexpected problems here and there.

The other strategy had the message in the image attached. Seems that multiple attempts are made to close a position and the strategy is stopped.

I already stopped developing with PRT because of all the errors several weeks ago and it is just a few strategies that I still have running on PRT but I grow even tired of just maintaining this existing strategies.

I am starting to feel the same way.

That is probably what it may happened to Despair. A strategy that has been running normally, now it is not possible to launch any orders since margins or SL distance have been changed by IG due to volatility of the market

I had two systems on real account running this night (asia session) forex and indices two trades and no problem

but in the morning i had problem with stops on a dax system (but it had been a loss anyway)

These stops happen mostly when the ProOrder system sends an order to the broker’s server and when this server takes too long to confirm the order status or sends “unvalid order status”.  This triggers a security built inside ProOrder that stops your trading system.

IG is aware of the issue and working on a resolution.

In the meantime we have developed a workaround which should resolve most of the issues you reported.  This fix is already available in demo mode and will be released soon for live accounts.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ulrike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login