2 accounts limitations on IB

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 2 accounts limitations on IB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Hi guys,

I am considering opening a second on IB. I wondering if there are limitations with having 2 accounts.
    I would appreciate if someone who has multiple accounts on IB could share his/her experience.

Thanks

Hi Kumo,

Personally I prefer a Sub Account; I see no difference with having a second account (which I also have, thus 3 IB environments now), except for that the Main and Sub Account(s) can be aggregated in the IB environment – especially in the (great) mobile app this can be convenient.
    Notice that using IB’s mobile app, or TWS for that matter, requires additional small fees for the market subscriptions. If you don’t use the app/TWS then you won’t notice a thing of it.

In PRT you’ll need to pay “double” for everything. Thus PRT license and also the market subscriptions. Of course you earn back per trade (1 euro IIRC), and this applied per (sub-)account hence not aggregated.

Hope this helps !
    Peter

1 user thanked author for this post.

Thanks Peter for your feedback. Yeah, the Sales rep told me about the double subscriptions but “cumulative/distributive” rebates.
    My fear is to have one strategy shorting one instrument on one account which would prevent another strategy to long the same instrument on the other sub-account.

Since you did not mention it, and knowing you have quite experimented a lot of things on PRT automated trading. I am reassured 🙂

My fear is to have one strategy shorting one instrument on one account which would prevent another strategy to long the same instrument on the other sub-account.

Hi Kumo, that is perfectly allowed. 🙂
    Peter

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login