0.00 ABS Perf in backtest with cumulating positions

Forums ProRealTime English forum ProOrder support 0.00 ABS Perf in backtest with cumulating positions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

I’m getting some weird results in a strategy backtest. There are loads of trades that are showing 0.00 for Abs Perf. The strategy is an end of day strategy on a daily chart that cumulates positions and sells all open positions in one go at candle close. I have tried the strategy with both variable position sizing and a fixed position size and there are always these 0.00 Abs Perf trades in the results. The strategy performs very well but these 0.00 trades are making me question the results. Can anyone explain why they are appearing?

Screenshot_3-4

The obvious (but unlikely??) explanation is that the Trade exited at zero gain or loss??

Do the entry and exit price tally (allowing for spread) of the 0 ABS Performance trades?

Every strategy I have worked on today has had the 0.00 Abs Perf problem. Maybe shutting down the platform – going to bed and starting it again will fix the issue! 🙂

Nope – switching off and on let me down this time. I have no idea why I am getting these 0.00 Abs Perf trades. Does anyone else get them?

This is a weekly strategy I’m testing out this morning:

Screenshot_1-8

Do the entry and exit price tally (allowing for spread) of the 0 ABS Performance trades?

What are your findings for above on at least 1 x 0 Perf trade?

The orders list is showing 2 positions opened and then 2 closed on the 9th but the closed positions list shows 3 trades closed with one for abs perf of 0.00.

Screenshot_2-6
    Screenshot_3-5

I also just noticed this. The average time between positions is negative!

Screenshot_4-5

I have now sent a report from the platform regarding this.

1 user thanked author for this post.

I have the same thing. Never used to happen and I have not changed the code of my strategies. Odd.

I have the same thing. Never used to happen and I have not changed the code of my strategies. Odd.

Thank you…. I was beginning to think that it was just me.

PS my strategies all use 1 min timeframes, so It’s not just daily being affected

I have received a very prompt reply from IG:

Thanks for your email.

It appears prorealtime have implemented a new engine for backtesting and proOrder which has not gone as anticipated, we have provided prorealtime with the necessary feedback hopefully they will be able to roll back the changes made, and analyse what has happened.

As soon as I receive feedback I shall relay their feedback to you. The case number for reference is: 9113

thats great vonasi thx! my systems dont work today in backtest – i think today is a bad day for programming…

Are you both (Vonasi & Grubby :)) on ‘PRT Sponsored’ accounts by any chance or direct to PRT (i.e. Not direct to IG)?

i use IG. have problems on live account and the demo version (both via IG).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

Create your free account now and post your request to benefit from the help of the community
Register or Login